Are you planning to pursue a career in search engine optimization? It is quite obvious for someone who is new to SEO, to understand what are the criteria that a business or digital marketing agencies like dilate are looking for while hiring a fresher. You might wonder if you will need an official degree in computer science, digital marketing or communications. But the main question that arises is whether these degrees are enough for impressing your employer and beat out your competitors. Well, some qualities that can actually help you are the following:
- You must focus on the set of skills that you have. Say for example, if you have some knowledge on SEO, have good writing skills, can code HTML etc. then you will be given preference over someone who just holds a degree but lack any other skill. And in case if you are familiar with analytics then it can be even better for you.
- You should be capable enough to face your clients. Simply having skills will not be of great help if you cannot communicate well with the clients.
- It is very important to have some experience that you can showcase for getting through a job. Try to gain work experience in some internship or job that has involvement of a website. Your job can be anything such as a copywriter, editor, posting photos in social media, general marketing assistant or anything else. It can definitely impact your career in future because it reflects that you have worked on a team.
- If you can manage to get a certification course done, then it will have a great impact on your career.
- Be curious to learn more by researching on sites. It is very important to keep yourself updated because there will always be something new to learn.